Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Why So Many Face Shots??- Topic Of The Day

Good Morning my curvy Divas,

We haven't discussed a topic since Does Blogging Make You Shop More so I wanted to tackle another issue today. I have sooooooo many beautiful and curvalicious facebook friends but the problem is most of the time, the world only gets to see them from the neck up. There is NOTHING wrong with showing off your beautiful face but I want my curvy ladies to be more confident about taking full body pics showcasing ALL of their beauty. We know your face is beautiful but that's not the only thing worthy of showing the world. No...... you may not be a size 2 or maybe not even a size 20 but guess what???......no matter WHAT size you are OWN your curves and work what you have to the best of your ability.

If you have low self esteem tackle whatever that issue is firsthand. Look in the mirror naked........YES I SAID NAKED...one night and learn to appreciate your curves sans clothes. If you learn to love your body with no clothes on feeling confident in clothes will be a breeze. Yes you're going to look and see a tummy that needs work, thighs that u may not love, but find that ONE thing about ur body that u love (for me I love my legs and butt)  and make sure that when u get dressed u dress in a way that highlights your favorite thing about your body. Even if weight loss is not a goal I have found that at least three times a week in the gym as little as 20 minutes a session will make you feel more sexy and confident about yourself.

If you don't like the way your body looks in clothes, find out what your bodyshape is...pear-shaped, round shaped, hourglass etc....and research ways to dress your body in ways that flatter your body type. The biggest mistake I see  a lot of curvier women make is putting on what looks good on someone else. Everything is not for everybody even if they make it in your size so make sure when u pick out clothes they are the ones that work for YOU and make you feel sexy about doing a full body photo session.


This post is not meant to offend I just want to encourage you to look past your necks and see the beauty of your ENTIRE body!!!!! If I inspired you with this topic add my fanpage on facebook (the link is on my right sidebar) and send me your full body photos to venessiay@hotmail.com. I am going to make an album dedicated to all my fab readers so submit your pics to me and I will def add them to my fanpage on facebook to show everyone how beautiful curves can be!!!


Thoughts?

Until Next Time,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

35 comments:

  1. hey stylish girl :) loovely blog!
    xx the cookies
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com
    share the feeling
    visit lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post! I have learned to accept my curves. I'm not in love with them...mainly because I have to be really careful of what I wear. Also, curves attract the wrong kind of attention from men as well. But I digress, I still work with what I have and try not to complain ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same way I learned to love mine in spite of the negative attention.

      Delete
  3. I agree with your post, even though I wouldn't be considered fat or plus size by anyone, i think i am fat and i am very body conscious especially my tummy & arms. I am a uk 12/us 10 which is a medium, I only wear clothes that don't cling to my body, if i wear a tight top or dress am covering up with a blazer or jacket, every one around me thinks i'm crazy....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you are crazy everyone has body issues from skinny to fat but fat people and issues are more targeted by the media. I would suggest you to stop focusing on the problem areas that you think you have and embrace your body!!! If I was a size 10 my closet would be even crazier than it already is!!!

      Delete
  4. lovely write up

    http://www.sazistopsecret.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfectly said chica!!!!!!!!!!!

    fancycurves.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Post!!!! You have to accept and LOVE self 1st! There's NO LOVE like self LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. girl, i agree with you 100%! it is very frustrating for me when i see big women hiding their bodies and i think most times the problem is that they don't know how to dress for their curves but like you said, research your body time and make it work...nice topic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree with Freshly Fatshionable!!
    Learning your body is key, because it will help us from wearing the wrong type of clothing. Just because it's made in your size, doesn't mean you can wear it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true...those were both points that I covered in this post as well!

      Delete
  9. This is so true! My motto: take it or leave it...Put it all out there and keep it pushing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok?!!!!! And I haven't had one leave it YET lolllll

      Delete
  10. At age 60+ I just realized it was only ME who looked at myself from the neck up. So instead of hiding under blousey tents, I started wearing more fitted clothes. My family asked if I was losing weight! Haha. I started blogging my outfits (FULL BODY SHOTS sometimes)a few weeks ago and started having fun. I'm doing Stylin' Sixties now. Thanks for following! I need encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yessss ma'am! I agree 100%.... This was a great post, much needed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with all this. I know everyone isn't completely happy with their body, I know I'm not. But no one's opinion matters, but mine and the wifes of course lol. I got over that a long time ago. Just dress your body in what it looks good in and love yourself no matter what.

    great topic love!
    xoxo, Shariece
    http://beautyorswaag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. sooo true and I'm sure ur wifey loves it!!!! Thanx Shareice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great topic. I'm not sure what's worse, someone with little to no confidence or someone with too much. ie the girls that wear ill fitting clothes but just know that they are doing it waayyy big. le sigh. Love the skin you are in, make improvements as YOU see fit.

    http://creativitei.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments!! I try to answer them all b/c I appreciate my loyal readers!